Who sells RCA D52W20 52" Theaterwide HDTV-Ready TV






Description


RCA's 52-inch-diagonal D52W20 widescreen HDTV monitor gives you a smooth, filmlike image when used with a progressive-scan DVD player (or 480p-output DTV set-top box). This projection set includes the latest connectivity: a DVI input with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection), which allows transmission of uncompressed digital video signals from an HDTV set-top box (not included) to the D52W20. Progressive scanning, referred to as 480p for the number of horizontal lines that compose the video image, creates a picture using twice the scan lines of a conventional DVD picture, giving you higher resolution and sharper images while eliminating nearly all motion artifacts. Both of the set's high-definition (1080i/480p) component-video inputs benefit from the Syncroscan system, which automatically performs high-resolution pixel mapping from sources up to SXGA resolution. The resulting screen image has excellent clarity from the highest-resolution sources. Intellifocus auto digital convergence is a menu-accessible feature that automatically optimizes convergence for the sharpest picture possible. The D52W20's 3D Y/C digital frame comb filter further enhances resolution by removing blurred edges between colors and reducing dot crawl (tiny, moving dots of color along a sharp color separation in a vertical line). A dedicated subwoofer output lets you hook up a powered subwoofer (no audio/video receiver required) to beef up the low-end for home-theater thumping. Virtual Dolby simulates surround sound from the set's stereo speakers.

Features


  • 52-inch diagonal widescreen HDTV monitor; 48.75 x 51.75 x 22.75 inches (W x H x D)
  • Dual HD progressive-scan inputs let you appreciate the full quality of DTV set-top boxes and progressive-scan DVD players
  • INTELLIFOCUS auto digital convergence optimizes convergence for the sharpest picture possible
  • 3D Y/C digital frame comb filter removes blurred edges between colors and reduces dot crawl
  • A dedicated subwoofer output lets you hook up a powered subwoofer (no audio/video receiver required)

Customer Reviews


4 out of 5 stars Nice set for the money
Skip
Well I am still amazed at the picture in HDTV 1080i; This TV is awesome, for the money, I looked at the Mitsubishi and was impressed as well, howeverThe price tag was much higher. This 52" unit is the same as the Scenium line without theAdded DVD, etc. On a note I did like the black border around the Scenium but I wasOn a budget. The Scenium models were over 2K. Back to this unit, It truly is nice, theWhite looks as good as a tube set, sitting back watching a HD broadcast takes you into aState of mind that causes your brain to keep saying "wow" look at how good this looksThis keeps distracting me from the content of the show... I am just now starting to getOver that shock and can follow along with the program. It has DVI, plus 2 sets of Component inputs and 3 sets of S-Video. You can't go wrong with this set. I sold my 4 year old 4:3 46" RCA and could never go back!
4 out of 5 stars Stylish set , very good picture at a great price
Donald A. Webber
I bought the RCA D52W15, which is essentially the D52W20 without the screen shield. The price, quality of picture and overall style were the selling points for me. Normally I would buy a Sony or other Japanese brand well known for quality, but this set just looked better than any others I had seen. The cabinet styling has a very slim look. Many sets looked big and blocky from the front as well as the backs being made with particle-board where the RCA is build like the DPL receivers using light but sturdy looking plastic. I noticed also that every set with a screen shield (just about all) was reflecting the lights of the showroom where the RCA has the mat finish (D52W15 only) and barely reflected any room lighting giving a better picture without distraction. I don't have kids or pets living in the house so I'm not worried about the screen being damaged. I am very happy so far with the performance and look in my home. As of this writing I have had it a little over a month. I bought a service contract, With a large purchase like this and being an RCA, I don't want to take chances. I have experimented with the settings and have gotten satisfaction in viewing even poor quality video. I notice even on the same stations some shows look stunning while others look poor and out of focus, so it's not the TV. I am sure the more expensive HDTV sets have more features for setting the picture parameters, but I find this set has enough to get great viewing. I find the "Cinerama" screen format is best for most 3:4 ratio broadcasts where you want the whole screen filled with least distortion on the edges.Read more ›
4 out of 5 stars Will I end up giving up the quality for the price???
David Chen
Well, if you're reading this review, then it's probably because you're unsure about which TV to buy, or are unsure about weather or not you want to quote "give up the quality for the price." I know because I was in the same situation as you when I went out and bought this TV. I bought this TV about two years ago and it still has the same quality as when I bought it.To be honest with you, this is not the exact model I bought. I bought the RCA D52W15B, but the only difference that I found when researching the two is that the D52W20 model has a protective screen over the actual screen and has a black strip at the bottom of the TV where as the RCA D52W15B doesn't have the protective screen and has a silver strip at the bottom instead. But what I have found with the protective screen coverings is that when there is light, the protective coating will reflect a glare when viewed at an angle. Without the protective coating, I can watch the T.V. with a 145° viewing range without any problems and still get a clear picture.The picture quality on this HDTV is 1080i, which makes the viewing experience one that you and your guests will remember... that is if they don't have one themselves. ;) This TV seriously produces lifelike colors and clearly defined images. And along with the many picture enhancements, there is the scan velocity modulation for improved detail and auto convergence, which will keep the picture quality in focus. There are a lot more that I yet to have player around with, probably more than enough for the home theater experience.One factor you need to take in to consideration when purchasing a DVD player if you plan to own this TV, is to make sure the DVD's quality will match up to the T.V.Read more ›
2 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for...
E. Bobowski
At first I thought the RCA D52W20 was an excellent purchase, but over the next few days of ownership I started to notice the many, many flaws that ultimately led to my returning this product after 20 days and buying a Samsung instead.In order of importance, the significant problems with this set are:1) The screen edge regions did not produce a sharp image.2) The convergence needed to be adjusted twice daily as there was a marked drift on both the blue and red projectors.3) There is only 1 (center) manual convergence point. Similar sets from Sony, Toshiba, etc give you 9 points to adjust.4) Ghost streaks appeared to the right of bright objects in high contrast situations.This being said, the RCA generally produced a "good" picture, and who really watches the edge of the screen anyway, right? ;-)Bottom line - this set is available at a discount price, but it also delivers discount quality.



Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Tags :

Related : Who sells RCA D52W20 52" Theaterwide HDTV-Ready TV

0 komentar:

Posting Komentar