Sony KDL50W800B 50-Inch 1080p 120Hz 3D Smart LED TV






Description


Crisply-detailed Full HD pictures are matched by true, clear audio that enhances movie sound and dialogue. Each scene in everything you watch-HD movies, TV shows, sports, even YouTube clips-is presented with unprecedented color, clarity and detail from Sony’s exclusive X-Reality PRO picture engine. And lifelike motion comes via Motion flow XR 480 technology for that at-the-game feeling. The brushed aluminum finish adds a final touch of design around the edges.

Features


  • Refresh Rate: 120Hz (Native)
  • Backlight: LED (Edge-Lit)
  • Smart Functionality: Yes - Skype, Twitter, Internet Browser (Opera)
  • Dimensions (W x H x D): TV without stand: 44'' x 25.9" x 2.6'', TV with stand: 44'' x 27.3'' x 7.1''
  • Inputs: 4 HDMI, 3 USB, MHL
  • Accessories Included: Remote, 2 3D Glasses, Table Top Stand

Customer Reviews


5 out of 5 stars Not a lot of info out there: don't hesitate...
J. Haskins
There are not a lot of reviews, or really information, in general, on this television. I have owned it for two weeks now, and I would like to share my experiences. First off, I cut the TruMotion stuff: not interested in that 'soap opera look.' No further comment on it.Color is a little off, but not too bad. Maybe me just being overly picky/critical. Delving into the 'advanced' menu quickly fixed it. Black levels on this TV are phenomenal. This is the closest to a plasma picture I have noted on a LED. The only thing is the image processing. Going from light to dark or vice versa will cause a 'jolt' in brightness as the screen attempts to catch up with the image. It freaked me out at first, but, since then, I have reduced the screen's overall brightness, and I have not seen another instance (not to say that is what fixed the 'problem').I am not into 3D, but...I tried 2D to 3D conversion on 'The Dark Knight Rises'. I was impressed, very impressed. So much so, I went out and bought Jurassic Park 3D. Much better 3D than the TDKR conversion. It pops. No bad artifacts or anything, just pure dino-in-yo-face action. All that being said, I will probably never use the feature again.SD up-conversion was very good. I was afraid my collection of DVDs would be choppy or pixelated, not the case. All content looks great on the television. (TV paired with a Panasonic BDT220)If you have any questions, I will do my best to answer them. I am no videophile, but I am peculiar about the picture.In all, Sony has brought forth a great television with a lengthy list of features at a great price.
5 out of 5 stars Breathtaking
matt kramer
I have owned several modern tvs: Panasonic plasmas, Samsung LEDs, sharp LEDs. Nothing will compare to the color accuracy or deep blacks of a plasma, but this tv truly is breathtaking. I actually thought it was a 4k tv initially. There is so much pop that it is a joy to watch. The level of detail is phenomenal.I prefer passive 3d to active tv, granted I did not buy this for the 3d or smart features. The remote is decent, not good or bad. I purchased this for $999, which is a steal IMO. I did try out the vizio m series and it left a lot to be desired. At this price point you will NOT find a better picture.If you want to see more reviews the uk variant of this same tv has a model number 829b.Scene: CinemaPicture Mode: Cinema 1Backlight: 3Contrast: 95Brightness: 49Colour: 48Hue: 0Colour Temp: Warm 1Sharpness: 50Noise Reduction: OffMPEG NR: OffDot NR: OffReality Creation: ManualResolution 50Noise Filtering 20Smooth Gradation: LowMotionflow: ClearFilm Mode: AutoBlack Corrector: OffAdv Contrast: OffGamma: 0Auto Light Limiter: OffClear White: OffLive Colour: LowWhite Balance (these are specific to my set - its probably better to leave these unchanged)R-Gain 0G-Gain -5B-Gain -10R-Bias -1G-Bias -2B-Bias -3Detail Enhancer: OffEdge Enhancer: OffSkin Naturaliser: Off***update***I updated my settings. I simply love this tv more and more each day. I typically am not a fan of the motion smooth settings, but I have found setting motionflow to clear provides such a clear sharp picture. It keeps sports judder free (hockey has a slight judder) and movies/shows look fantastic.
5 out of 5 stars Happy
Joshua Kebschull
I purchased this from Best Buy for the same price (plus taxes), I was weary about buying an item of this size shipped to my house.I am not very tech savy when it comes to Home AV. To put it into perspective, the last tv I bought was one of first LCD generations LG 32' (first XD system) for around $2300. Phenominal TV for the times, but it doesn't hold a candle to current tech.Fast forward, I finally got the itch for a new tv because I was getting the AmazonTV to replace using the horribly slow online content with my Samsung Blueray. I knew this was a Smart TV, and I originally wanted my money to go more towards the picture quality than features....until I saw this TV!Like the other reviewer, I was on the fence between this, Vizio M501d-A2R which was $200 cheaper, or a 60'' Sharp Aquos for $999 that was a clearance model 2013.I still had skepticism about Vizio long term, and the Sharp was possibly going to be too big for my single-bedroom apartment, but the biggest factor was screen quality, which the Sony trumps all!I considered LG and Samsung, but Samsung has left a bad taste in my mouth with the last two products I've owned from them, and their panel picture seems overly saturated, which is nice if that is what you like. LG has a more natural screen like Sony, but the models in the same specs just didn't measure up in picture quality not to mention if I wanted a LG with 4 HDMI, I would have had to spend a few hundred more to get it. The Sony is really that good!I am still toying with the settings (there is a lot of them) and have no experience with the 3D since I do not have a 3D source, but my understanding is that the components used to make the 3D panel is better quality than the 2D panels which improves the 2D quality as well.Read more ›



Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

Related : Sony KDL50W800B 50-Inch 1080p 120Hz 3D Smart LED TV

0 komentar:

Posting Komentar